Monday, August 20, 2007

Summertime








Our summer has been filled with so many good memories. Lots of firsts as we begin the new chapter in our lives as a family. I can't believe Rachel is 3 months old already. We started the summer with Rachel's baby showers, one with my Aunts and Grandma and another with more family and great friends. My sister Krista gave me a surprise gift of bringing my good friend Erin all the way from Halifax to meet Rachel, which was very exciting. We then went on our first family holiday to Abbotsford to see all of Ryan's family and our friends. Rachel's great Oma and Opa were very happy to meet their first great grandchild. We went just the three of us on a little mini holiday to Stanley Park, Vancouver and to Whistler for a few days. When we returned home to Edmonton my Opa was visiting from Holland and was excited to meet his sixth great grandchild. We also had a great family weekend at my parents lake lot where Rachel sat head of the table for the big BBQ dinner. Rachel loved camping...I loved it too because she slept very well!

No comments: